|Home Academic aspects||gl es en
Welcome to the UDC
Choose your subjects
Degrees at the UDC
Subjects (by areas)
Campuses & distances
Welcome & guidance days
Exams & assessment
Life in A Coruña
Spanish & Galician
Welcoming guide for foreign students at the UDC
between the College of the Holy Cross
and the University of A Coruña
Choose your subjects
The choice of the subjects to study at the UDC will condition all your stay in Coruña. For that reason, it’s important that you devote the necessary time to it.
It is not an easy task because you’ll not always find the subjects you like or those you need to complete your studies in Holy Cross or because two subjects you are interested in are taught at the same time.
During the welcoming and guidance days (jornadas de orientación) we’ll devote several moments to the choice of subjects. At that moment, you’ll have the help of the academic director of the programme. However, it is convenient that before arriving to Coruña you’ve reviewed the offer of the UDC subjects and have a list of the subjects you’d like or need to study.
You can study any of the subjects of the first and second cycle studies of the official degrees offered by the UDC.
After your selection, we’ll have to sign a Learning Agreement that must be approved by the Office of Study Abroad in Holy Cross. You can download the form and a model in the following links:
Formulario del Learning Agreement (Learning Agreement Form)
Modelo de Learning Agreement (Learning Agreement Model)
Once each fourth-month period starts, there is a period of approximately a month during which changes in the Learning Agreement can be made. These changes must also be approved by HC.
Formulario para cambios en el Learning Agreement (Form for changes in the Learning Agreement)
Modelo de formulario para cambios en el Learning Agreement (Form model for changes in the Learning Agreement)
Previously, you must also fill in a Student Application Form of the so-called “Curso general” (General course), the programme for students visiting the Universidade da Coruña.
· Look up in the Degrees at the UDC (Estudios en la UDC) those you are interested in and once there, the subjects you need or like.
· You can find most of the subjects classified by areas in the section Subjects (by areas) [Asignaturas (por áreas)].
· There are “hidden” subjects: some subjects you can be interested in are perhaps included in degrees you haven't thought of, for example: you can find History subjects in the Sociology degree. To localize them, the section Subjects (by areas) [Asignaturas (por áreas)] section may be of help.
· Don’t take subject descriptions from other lists that may belong to areas that cannot be studied at present or that are not studied at the A Coruña campuses.
· Pay attention to where are the faculties (Dónde están las facultades) to consider your necessary time to move between the faculties.
· Try to verify the class timetable (Horarios).
· Pay attention to some very important details of the subjects: number of ECTS credits, if they are taught in Spanish or Galician, if they are annual (taught from September to May) or taught during a four-month period (and, in that case, if they are taught during the first or the second term; they are usually identified as 1C or 2C, respectively).
· Look up for alternative subjects. It's possible that two or more subjects you are interested in have incompatible times.
The incompatibility of time that doesn’t usually affect the Spanish students is due to two reasons:
a) In Spain, the subjects are taught by degrees, that is, a student only studies a branch of knowledge: Philology, Law, Sociology, Chemistry…
b) They are designed to be taught by courses, that is, the first year for the subjects of the first course, the second year for the subjects of the second course, etc.
· If you have any doubt, want to get more information, don’t find the subjects you're looking for, get in contact with the programme academic direction whenever you need it.
· Tell about your choice of the subjects to the academic direction as soon as possible. Perhaps we can give you an advice, some help about the problems that the subjects chosen may cause you, suggestions about other similar subjects, etc.
|suggestions telephones intranet rss accessibility legal
notice site map